Junior Lifeguard Program
- Junior Lifeguards are not guaranteed employment with the MCA
- This is NOT a Lifeguard Training Course
- The MCA does not typically hire 15-year old lifeguards. The MCA may hire for programming hours with positions available and the applicant is certified in Lifeguard Training, First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Participants that successfully complete the Junior Lifeguard program will be invited to participate in a Lifeguard Training course the following season at a discounted rate.
The Junior Lifeguard program is designed for 14-year-old participants to help build a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills for future lifeguards. This course is only open to Community Residents, participants must be 14 by the conclusion of the classes. The course introduces participants to lifesaving skills, such as in-water rescues and use of a rescue tube in a hybrid online/in-person format.
*Note: This is not a Lifeguard Training class.
Once accepted into the program you will be sent instructions on how to pay through your Active Net account, fees must be paid prior to the first day of class. Please note: This course is only open to Residents.
Application & Prerequisite Swim Test
Applications will be available April 1 and accepted April 1 through May 15, 2021
Applications can be submitted via email or by dropping off at one of the MCA front desks. Late applications will not be accepted.
There will be a prerequisite swim test prior to the first day of class; participants must pass all prerequisites to be considered for the Junior Lifeguard Program.
- 200 Swim (a combination of Front Crawl and Breaststroke)
- Retrieve a 10lb brick from 12 foot depth
- Tread water for 1 minute
Participants will be notified following the swim test for acceptance into the program and how to pay for the course.
Instructors will email a course syllabus to each participant prior to the first day. All classes must be attended, if a participant is unable to make all classes a full refund will be given. Makeups will not be permitted.
TBD - June 2021