Junior Lifeguard Program
The Junior Lifeguard program is designed for 14-year-old participants to help build a foundation of knowledge, attitudes and skills for future lifeguards. The course introduces participants to lifesaving skills, such as in-water rescues and use of a rescue tube and team building activities.
*Note: This is not a Lifeguard Certification Training class.
Once accepted into the program you will be sent instructions on how to pay through your Active Net account, fees must be paid prior to the first day of class. Please note: This course is only open to Residents.
Jr Guard Application
Class Dates: July 10-12, 2023
Monday, July 10 6pm-7:30pm
Tuesday, July 11 6pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, July 12 6pm-7:30pm
Applications accepted April 1 through June 1.
There will be a prerequisite swim test on the first day of class; participants must pass all prerequisites to be continue in the Jr. Lifeguard program.
- 200 Swim (a combination of Front Crawl and Breaststroke)
- Retrieve a 10lb brick from 12 foot depth
- Tread water for 1 minute
Instructors will email a course syllabus to each participant prior to the first day. Our format includes projects as well as in-person water skills.
- Junior Lifeguards are not guaranteed employment with the MCA
- This is NOT a Lifeguard Training Course
- The MCA does not typically hire 15-year old lifeguards. The MCA may hire for programming hours with positions available and the applicant is certified in Lifeguard Training, First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Participants that successfully complete the Junior Lifeguard program will be invited to participate in a Lifeguard Training course the following season.